Vegetarian Chili w/Butternut Squash
This is so hardy my husband says it tastes like there’s meat in it and he made it!
- 1 Large Onion
- Olive Oil
- 4 Carrots sliced
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled, 1″cubes
- 2-3 Tbl. Chili Powder (start w/ 2, add to taste)
- 1 Tbl. Cumin
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Tbl. Tomato Paste
- 1 Can (19 oz or so) Cannelloni or Pinto Beans
- 1 Tbl. Italian Seasoning Mix or Oregano
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s Cocoa Powder (more to taste)
Sautee Onion in small amount of olive oil. Add sliced carrots, sautee about 10 min.
Do not caramelize onions.
Add remaining ingredients and cook about 30 minutes or until squash is done.
Serve on Brown Rice. Garnish with chopped parsley.